Jack James "Fix It in Post: Solutions for Postproduction Problems"
Focal Press | English | 2009-04-03 | ISBN: 0240811240 | 256 pages | PDF | 13,2 MB
This book provides an array of concise solutions to the wide variety of problems that are faced by postproduction artists in the post process. With an application-agnostic approach, it gives proven, step-by-step methods to solving the most frequently encountered postproduction problems. Also included is access to a free, password-protected website that features application-specific resolutions to the problems presented, with fixes for working in Apple's Final Cut Studio suite, Avid's Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, as well as other applications.
Lessons are enhanced through eye-catching 4 color illustrations throughout. Solutions are provided for common audio, video, digital, editorial, color, timing and compositing problems, such as, but not limited to:
* automated dialogue replacement, adjusting sync, and correcting pitch
* turning SD into HD (and vice-versa) and restoration of old film for video
* removing duplicate frames, repairing corrupt frames, and anti-aliasing
* maintaining continuity, removing soft cuts, and troubleshooting timecodes
* adding vignettes, removing color casts, and legalizing color
* speeding shots up or slowing shots down, and smoothing timelapse
* reframing shots, sky replacement, and object addition or removal
The book is presented in a "cookbook" format, allowing you to reference your exact problem in the TOC or index, go to that section, and immediately implement the solution featured.
* Concise solutions to a broad range of problems commonly encountered in postproduction, with solutions for problems with video, audio, compositing, color, editing, timing, and more
* 4-color presentation engagesand provides vibrant visual guidance to solutions
* Application-agnostic approach provides solutions to problems regardless of the software being usedTo start
No another mirrors, please!