Yii 1.1 Application Development Cookbook (with code) By Alexander Makarov
Publisher: Pac..kt Pub..lishing 2011 | 392 Pages | ISBN: 1849515484 | PDF + code | 4 MB + 2 MB
Yii framework is a rapidly growing PHP5 MVC framework often referred to as Rails for PHP. It has become a solid base for many exciting web applications such as Stay.com and Russia Today’s meetfriends.rt.com and can be a good base for your developments. Yii is an object-oriented, high-performance, component-based PHP web application framework. Yii is pronounced as Yee and is an acronym for "Yes It Is!".
Familiar with Yii and want to exploit it to its full potential, but do not know how to go about it? Yii 1.1 Application Development Cookbook will show you how to use Yii efficiently. You will learn about implementing shortcuts using core features, creating your own reusable code base, using test-driven development, and many more topics that will escalate your knowledge in no time at all!
Yii 1.1 Application Development Cookbook will help you learn more about Yii framework and application development practices in general with demonstrations of shortcuts and information about dangerous things you should not do.
Grouped in 13 chapters, the recipes will assist you to write your applications exploiting Yii core functionality to its full potential. The chapters are generally independent of each other and you can start reading from the chapter you need most, whether it is "AJAX and jQuery", "Database, Active Record and Model Tricks" or "Extending Yii". The most interesting topics include Yii application deployment, a guide to writing your own extensions, advanced error handling, debugging and logging, application security, and performance tuning.
Yii 1.1 Application Development Cookbook will help you utilize Yii functionalities completely and efficiently.
A practical cookbook on the Yii MVC framework covering the most important internal features of Yii and useful tips on Yii application developmentWhat you will learn from this book:
filesonic (Book)filesonic (Code)uploading (Book)uploading (Code)depositfiles (Book)depositfiles (Code)wupload (Book)wupload (Code)
- Make internal Yii features, such as events and collections, useful
- Get the maximum out of your Controller and Views and make them reusable
- Use "hidden" core Yii input widgets and write your own widgets
- Make your application error-free using the TDD approach
- Use Active Record efficiently
- Utilize Zii components such as grids and data providers
- Implement, package, and share your code as a reusable extension
- Automate error tracking and understand the Yii log and stack trace
- Keep your implementation secure, filter input, and escape output
- Tune your application for best performance and learn general performance principles and Yii-related settings
- Include non-Yii code, such as Zend Framework or PEAR, in your application
- Simplify team development and manage Yii configuration in a very efficient way