Bill Hines, John Rasmussen, Jaime Ryan, "IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance Handbook"
I...B..M Pr..e...s.s | English | 2009-01-03 | ISBN: 0137148194 | 960 pages | PDF | 29.7 mb
IBM® WebSphere® DataPower® appliances can simplify SOA deployment, strengthen SOA security, enhance SOA performance, and dramatically improve SOA return on investment. In this book, a team of IBM’s leading experts show how to make the most of DataPower SOA appliances in any IT environment.
The authors present IBM DataPower information and insights that are available nowhere else. Writing for working architects, administrators, and security specialists, they draw extensively on their deep experience helping IBM customers use DataPower technologies to solve challenging system integration problems.
IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance Handbook begins by introducing the rationale for SOA appliances and explaining how DataPower appliances work from network, security, and Enterprise Service Bus perspectives. Next, the authors walk through DataPower installation and configuration; then they present deep detail on DataPower’s role and use as a network device.
Using many real-world examples, the authors systematically introduce the services available on DataPower devices, especially the "big three": XML Firewall, Web Service Proxy, and Multi-Protocol Gateway. They also present thorough and practical guidance on day-to-day DataPower management, including, monitoring, configuration build and deploy techniques.Coverage includes:
• Configuring DataPower’s network interfaces for common scenarios
• Implementing DataPower deployment patterns for security gateway, ESB, and Web service management applications
• Proxying Web applications with DataPower
• Systematically addressing the security vulnerabilities associated with Web services and XML
• Integrating security with WebSphere Application Server
• Mastering DataPower XSLT custom programming
• Troubleshooting using both built-in and external toolsDownload PDF ebook from filepost.com