Encyclopedia of Virology Five Volume Set Volume Third Edition
Publisher:Academic Press | Pages:2500 | 2008-07-25 | ISBN:0123739357 | PDF | 190 MB
Encyclopedia of Virology, Third Edition continues its success as the largest single reference source of current research in virology. Unique in its use of concise mini-review articles, this praised work covers biological, molecular, and medical topics concerning viruses in animals, plants, bacteria and insects. Now in five volumes, this new edition has been extensively revised and updated to reflect the 50% increase in identified and accepted viruses since the year 2000. With over 25% new chapters and over 1000 illustrations, this edition takes into account the new developments in virology research by including information on new emerging diseases such as avian flu, SARS and West Nile and the ability of some viruses to be used as agents of bioterrorism. Edited by leading Virologists Mahy and van Regenmortel, this third edition remains the number one all-inclusive source of information for virology researchers, students, and reference departments of academic, medical, and corporate libraries.
* Extensive coverage on AIDS and HIV, viral immunology and vaccines, the economic importance and control of virus diseases, and the origin, history, evolution and phylogeny of viruses NEW!
* Four color throughout NEW!
* Sections on future perspectives that show the direction of current research
* 25% NEW articles
* Glossary of key terms for easy referencing
* Information on viruses of human clinical interest, including the virus causing SARS NEW!
* More than 20% NEW virus classifications
* The most recent information from the 8th International Committee on Taxonomy and Classification of Viruses NEW!
* Recommendations for further reading and a list of other relevant entriesFileserve