Virtual History: Alternatives And Counterfactuals
Niall Ferguson, "Virtual History: Alternatives And Counterfactuals"
Publisher: Basic Books | ISBN: 0465023231 | 2000 | EPUB/MOBI | 560 pages | 585 KB/911 KB
What if there had been no American War of Independence? What if Hitler had invaded Britain? What if Kennedy had lived? What if Russia had won the Cold War? Niall Ferguson, author of the highly acclaimed The Pity of War, leads the charge in this historically rigorous series of separate voyages into "imaginary time" and provides far-reaching answers to these intriguing questions.Ferguson’s brilliant 90-page introduction doubles as a manifesto on the methodology of counter-factual history. His equally masterful afterword traces the likely historical ripples that would have proceeded from the maintenance of Stuart rule in England. This breathtaking narrative gives us a convincing, detailed "alternative history" of the West—from the accession of "James III" in 1701, to a Nazi-occupied England, to a U.S. Prime Minister Kennedy who lives to complete his term.EPUB format:FilepostMOBI format:Filepost
- The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World by Niall Ferguson
- Bread, cash, dosh, dough, loot, lucre, moolah, readies...
- Does the 21st Century Belong to China?: The Munk Debate on China
- But the Middle Kingdom also faces a series of challenges.
- Civilization: The West and the Rest
- JFK: The CIA, Vietnam, and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy
- Why the West Rules - For Now: The Patterns of History and What They Reveal ...
- Yet for today's generation, the British Empire seems a Victorian irrelevanc ...
- Empire: The Rise and Demise of the British World Order and the Lessons for ...
Comments for "Virtual History: Alternatives And Counterfactuals"