Stephen Page, Jovo Ateljevic - Tourism and Entrepreneurship: International Perspectives
Publisher: Butterworth-Heinemann | 2009-07-10 | ISBN: 0750686359 | PDF | 480 pages | 5.99 MB
Tourism and Entrepreneurship: International Perspectives provides an innovative, interdisciplinary approach.
This book takes as its central theme the role of entrepreneurship in the context of regional, local and national tourism development. By engaging with top academics in both tourism and entrepreneurship this book delivers a cohesive, interdisciplinary examination of the most recent developments in both tourism and entrepreneurship.
Several key themes are explored and articulated through the following concepts and issues: tourism, innovation and entrepreneurship; the role and nature of individual and collective entrepreneurship in different contexts; the role of tourism in responding to development opportunities created by global forces; and finally, issues associated with tourism strategies and policies.
Divided into four parts, the book reflects on the most relevant areas of tourism entrepreneurship:
* Understanding the conceptual basis of tourism entrepreneurship;
* Creative use of entrepreneurship and processes of social innovation;
* Tourism entrepreneurship mediating the global-local divide; and
* Sectoral strategies and policy issues of tourism entrepreneurship.
Tourism and Entrepreneurship: International Perspective:
* Explains the impact of tourism entrepreneurship on places and overall regional and destination development
* Examines the role of the public sector in facilitating the need for sustainable tourism development
* Examines the effects and implications of funding schemes and support programmes
* Takes the owner, manager and entrepreneur as the starting point of analysis to explore specific issues;
* Allows practitioners and policy-makers to explore practical applications and best practice of theory through a diverse range of international case studies
* Contributed to by an international team of leading scholars in tourism and entrepreneurship.
This book is a unique combination of theory, case studies and discussion highlighting the importance of entrepreneurial tourism activity for economic success. It is essential reading for students and researchers in both tourism and entrepreneurship.
*Provides an understanding and analysis of entrepreneurship within tourism in a format which students can access and use easily.
*International contributor team with case studies to match - from Uganda and Serbia to Slovenia and Australasia.
* Highlights major issues that can encourage, or impede, entrepreneurial activity within a tourism context - and how vital it can be to the economies of many countries and regionsDepositFilesTurboBit